Sunday, January 13, 2008

Whats Love Got To Do With It, Got To Do With It.



I like this picture. This picture along with the poem I had posted the other day, (The Hound of Heaven -- by Francis Thompson) explain in a way, how God has set things up. As long as we are breathing, our Lord will not stop in his pursuit for us. And the Church Jesus founded with the guidance of the Holy Spirit will do everything she can to keep us from going astray. When we do wonder off, our good Shepard is right there hunting us down.

I have a very thick scull, so if it wasn't for our Lords endless desire for every one of us to come home to him. My life would still be a wreck, I'd be lost in the dark.

I wish I could say I understand love, but if I did I'd be lying. The only thing I do understand about the love of our Lord is that it makes no sense to me. Think about it. "What man among you having a hundred sheep and losing one of them would not leave the ninety-nine in the desert and go after the lost one until he finds it? And when he does find it, he sets it on his shoulders with great joy" Luke 15:4-5 No one in their right mind would leave ninety-nine sheep for one. That Shepard would be collecting an unemployment check the next week. But in the eyes of God, no one in their right mind would not leave the ninety-nine.

It's out of perfect love God comes after us. The kind of love that one would be willing to sacrifice his first born son. All for a bunch of sinners. I wish I could say I understand love, but if I did I'd be lying.

Talk at ya Later

No comments: